JOSEPHINE IS AN ASSOCIATE IN THE FIRM’S DISPUTE RESOLUTION GROUP.
Josephine specialises in litigation and international arbitration, with a focus on construction and engineering disputes in the transport and energy sectors. She has acted for international EPC contractors, shipowners and multinationals in arbitrations arising under major arbitration rules such as ICC, LCIA, LMAA, SIAC and HKIAC with damages up to US$2bn.
Josephine also has significant experience in financial disputes. She has advised and acted for financial institutions, commodities companies and insurance companies relating to financial product claims, trade finance disputes, regulatory investigations, financial fraud and restructuring for damages up to GBP1.5bn.
In 2020, Josephine completed a ten-month secondment at a multinational commodity trading and mining company.
Josephine is fluent in Korean, French and English.
- Acting for a group of entities against a bank in a c.US$500m financial dispute before the HKIAC.
- Acted for a shipowner against a shipbuilder in 11 concurrent LMAA arbitrations (c.US$350) arising out of design defects.
- Acted for an EPC contractor in an ICC arbitration against a state-owned petroleum company concerning a multi-billion dollar damages claim concerning an offshore pipeline project.
- Acted for a contractor in a mediation arising from a c.US$200m damages claim relating to the design and construction of a diesel refinery plant.
- Acted for an EPC contractor in an ICC arbitration against a state-owned petroleum company concerning a c.US$400m damages claim relating to an oil refinery project.
- Université Jean Moulin – Lyon III
- Kingston University
- BPP University (London)
Memberships and Associations
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Center (YSIAC)
- Society of Construction Law (Korea)
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)