Senior Associate Singapore
T: +65 6551 9198 M: +65 9235 5250
Josephine is a senior associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Josephine specialises in international arbitration and commercial disputes with a focus on the energy (oil & gas and hard commodities) sector.
Her experience includes advising and acting for oil and gas and commodities companies, EPC contractors, shipowners and financial institutions in international arbitrations (including ICC, LCIA, LMAA, SIAC and HKIAC) in relation to disputes arising out of construction & engineering, structured trade finance and financial fraud with damages ranging between US$250m and US$2bn.
Josephine has also successfully undertaken two client secondments at one of the Supermajors and a multinational commodity trading and mining company, during which she gained significant experience in structured trade finance and international trade.
Josephine is fluent in English, French and Korean.
- Acted for a group of lenders with an aggregated claim amount of US$130m on the administration of the largest private healthcare group in the UAE following a financial fraud.
- Acting for a group of entities against a bank in a c.US$1.4bn financial dispute before the HKIAC.
- Acted for a shipowner against a shipbuilder in 11 concurrent LMAA arbitrations (c.US$350) arising out of design defects.
- Acted for a contractor in a mediation arising from a c.US$200m damages claim relating to the design and construction of a diesel refinery plant.
- Acted for an EPC contractor in an ICC arbitration against a state-owned petroleum company concerning a c.US$400m damages claim relating to an oil refinery project.
- Université Jean Moulin – Lyon III
- Kingston University
- BPP University (London)
Memberships and Associations
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Center (YSIAC)
- Society of Construction Law (Korea)
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)