John O’Reilly is a SENIOR Associate in the aviation group based in Dubai.
John is dual qualified, in Ireland and New York, and advises on the financing, leasing, sale & purchase and operation & management of business jets and commercial aircraft.
He regularly represents financiers, owners and operators on regional and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, John worked as Assistant Legal Counsel for a major Chinese aircraft leasing company in Dublin, and as a solicitor in the banking and aviation departments of two of Ireland’s leading law firms.
- Air Arabia, flydubai and Oman Air on aircraft finance transactions relating to aircraft operated by them.
- IndiGo in relation to the sale and leaseback financing of a number of Airbus A320 and Airbus A321 aircraft delivered during 2018 and 2019.
- A Swiss financier in relation to a number of aircraft financings.
- 2006 – 2007 · University College Cork, Bachelor of Laws
- 2003 – 2006 · University College Cork, Bachelor of Civil Law
memberships & associations
- 2016 · New York Bar Association
- 2012 · Law Society of Ireland