Jeff is a Partner in the Real Estate Group.
With over 30 years of commercial real estate experience, Jeff represents a diverse range of clients, including developers, private equity firms, REITs, hotel developers and operators, professional sports teams, theme park operators, Fortune 100 insurance companies, corporate real estate departments and major banks and financial institutions.
He has been involved in the acquisition, sale, design, development, construction, leasing and financing of properties throughout the United States, including major office buildings, large multi-family apartment complexes, residential, commercial and mixed-use condominium projects, luxury hotels and resorts, professional sports arenas and theme parks. In addition, Jeff has negotiated complicated JV agreements on behalf of developers, operators and equity investors.
Prior to joining WFW, Jeff spent 10 years+ at major international law firms and served as General Counsel to a large, New York-based developer for almost 14 years. This diverse background has given him a unique perspective on structuring and managing complicated, multi-faceted real estate transactions and finding creative, yet practical, solutions to his clients’ most challenging issues.
- Advising RAL Development Services LLC in the development of a US$420m residential apartment complex in Brooklyn, New York, including negotiation of ground leases, joint venture agreements, construction financing, construction contracts and retail leases and preparation of a condominium offering plan.
- Advising a London-based hotel operator and emerging lifestyle brand in the acquisition, development and management of hotel sites in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Brooklyn and Portland.
- Advising Fortune 100 insurance companies in several joint ventures involving the development of multifamily apartment complexes in Florida and Georgia.
- Advising various clients in regard to negotiated construction contracts for several high profile retail projects in New York City, including the conversion of the historic Ziegfeld Theater into a premier special events venue and the construction of the flagship FAO Schwartz toy store at Rockefeller Center (in the space previously occupied by the NBC Experience store).
- Advising RAL Development Services LLC on site acquisition, joint venture agreements, construction financing, construction contracts and retail leasing for a US$190m mixed-use property in North Philadelphia.
- 1984 – 1987 · New York University School of Law, J.D.
- 1981 – 1984 · Wesleyan University. B.A.
memberships & associations
- Real Estate Board of New York
- American Institute of Architects