Ivy is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Group.
She has significant expertise in advising investors, lenders and contractors on deal structuring, due diligence, drafting and reviewing project and finance documents, implementation strategies and local compliance across a range of industries including the heavily regulated energy and infrastructure sector.
Ivy specialises in advising China and SE Asia-based clients on cross-border transactions with a focus on M&A in Thailand and Vietnam markets; she provides proactive and solution-oriented advice to solve knotty legal problems and is adept at ensuring her clients have a clear understanding of the local laws and in mitigating risk to their businesses.
Ivy is recognised by leading legal directory Legal 500 for her ‘expertise in China inbound investment’ and is ranked as a Recommended Lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific Corporate/M&A.
Ivy holds an LL.M. (University of California, Berkeley, USA), and an LL.M. and LL.B. (Nanjing University, China). She is a member of the New York and China Bar Associations and speaks English and Mandarin.
- Representing a bank syndicate consisting of Thai subsidiaries of top Chinese banks on a THB4bn financing project in Thailand, including review of loan documentation, preparation of land and building mortgage agreement and business security agreements on accounts and machinery, assistance with mortgage registration, and issuance of legal opinions on certain legal issues.
- Advising a Chinese listed company leading in high-tech electronics manufacturing in relation to its proposed acquisition of a Bermudian company previously listed in Hong Kong. Work included due diligence and issuance of a legal opinion on the target company’s Thai subsidiary.
- Representing a top Chinese state-owned construction company in relation to its disputes with the Thai employer and sub-contractor on a construction project in Phuket. Work included advice on strategy to facilitate the payment collection, assessment of prospects of success for arbitration, and preparation of amendment agreements to main contracts to solve the payment issues.
- Advising a Chinese leading recycling company in relation to its initial public offering (IPO) in China. Work included due diligence and issuance of legal opinions on its Singapore and Malaysia subsidiaries.
- Advising a leading Chinese hydrogen fuel cell tech development company on its core technology IP licensing issues under Singapore law, for the purpose of its proposed initial public offering (IPO) in Nasdaq, New York.
- 2014 LL.M. with Certificate of Specialisation in Business Law, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, California, USA
- 2008 LL.M. Nanjing University, School of Law, Nanjing, China
- 2005 LL.B. Nanjing University, School of Law, Nanjing, China
Memberships and Associations
- Admitted to Practice Law in New York, U.S. – 2016
- Admitted to Practice Law in China – 2005