Iliana is an Associate in the Maritime team and practices English law shipping litigation in our Athens office.
Iliana has assisted in both “wet” and “dry” shipping matters and has experience of advising on and arbitrating/litigating disputes concerning charterparties, bills of lading, marine insurance and international trade law. She has assisted in matters involving casualties, groundings, general average and salvage.
Iliana has acted for a broad range of clients including, inter alia, shipowners, underwriters, protection and indemnity associations, Lloyd’s syndicates and cargo interests.
Iliana joined Watson Farley & Williams in December 2018 from an international law firm in London (Thomas Cooper) after working and training there since 2014. Before that Iliana had worked at a Greek shipping law firm in Piraeus. Iliana is qualified both as a solicitor in England & Wales and as a Greek attorney.
- 2008 – 2011 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Warwick
- 2011 – 2012 Master of Laws (LLM), University College London
- 2015 Legal Practice Course (LPC), The University of Law
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales Since 2014
- Piraeus Bar Association Since 2012