Hamid is Of Counsel in the Real Estate group of the firm’s New York office.
Hamid’s practice spans the full range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions and financings. He advises owners, investors, developers, landlords, lenders, borrowers, non-profits and institutional companies on a diverse range of real estate matters.
Hamid’s experience includes leasing of Class-A office space, acquisitions and dispositions of a variety of commercial real estate, including development sites, office buildings, shopping centers, mixed-use properties and industrial sites.
Hamid’s extensive experience, includes, financing (including EB-5) and advising financial institutions, capital market participants and major borrowers on all aspects of their real estate financing needs. He also has particular real estate expertise in New York dealing with riparian rights and issues presented with lands now or formally underwater.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Hamid worked in the construction industry, gaining hands-on experience of site development. He utilizes this past experience to add particular value to developers and investors operating in this segment of the market.
- Advising Sumitomo Corporation of Americas in the acquisition and disposition of office buildings across the United States.
- Advising the Shubert Organization in the acquisition of commercial real property in the Tri-State Area and representation of client in leasing and subleasing various real estate assets.
- Advising First Republic Bank in acquisition, project and construction loans to developers in New York City.
- Advising The New York Immigration Fund in EB5 lending to hotel, office and residential developers within the Tri-State Area, including The Knickerbocker hotel.
- 2001 – 2003 · Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D.
- 1996 – 2001 · St. John’s University, B.S. Finance
memberships & associations
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Iranian American Bar Association