George is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
With a career spanning 30 years practising Greek law, George has built a reputation as one of Greece’s most distinguished maritime litigators, regularly advising the full spectrum of shipping industry participants, including leading Greek and international ship-owning groups, P&I clubs, banks and insurers and reinsurers.
He is especially well known for his expertise advising on cargo and charterparty claims, insurance and reinsurance disputes, litigation arising from accidents at sea, enforcements and foreclosures, and marine pollution and casualty cases.
George also has considerable experience advising on disputes arising from ship sale and purchase agreements and shipbuilding contracts, as well as in employment, aviation, administrative, commercial and civil litigation matters.
He is recognised by legal directory Legal 500 EMEA as one of Greece’s leading maritime litigators.
- Advising the owners of a cruise vessel which sank off Santorini island on pollution and wreck removal issues and defending claims.
- Acting for the owners and the P&I Club of a ropax ferry which became a CTL due to a fire on defending various third parties’ claims.
- Acting for the owners and the P&I Club of a passenger ferry which grounded off a Greek island, among others in defending claims and pollution issues.
- Acting for the manufacturers of the avionics of an aircraft involved in a fatal casualty, in defending third party claims.
- Advising Greek and foreign Banks on enforcement of non-performing loans.
- 1988 · Athens University Law School
- Greek qualified lawyer of the Piraeus Bar
- Union of Greek Maritime Lawyers
- Greek Society of Maritime and Transport Law