Georg is Counsel in the Assets & Structured Finance group.
He has more than 16 years’ experience acting for a wide range of clients within the maritime industry, including banks and other financial institutions, private equity funds and ship owners, advising on all aspects of ship finance, loan portfolio transfers, leasing, sale and purchase, intercreditor arrangements, restructurings / work outs and security documentation.
He has experience advising in both private practice and in-house settings, having trained, qualified and practiced at a City law firm for 13 years before joining a leading European shipping finance bank in 2015 as in-house legal counsel. At the bank, he rose to the position of Senior Vice President in December 2017 before joining WFW in September 2020.
He is fluent in German and Dutch.
2000 – 2001 College of Law, Guildford – Legal Practice Course
1996 – 2000 University of East Anglia – LL.B. (Hons) Law with European Legal Systems (2:1)
memberships & associations
Law Society of England and Wales – September 2004
- AwardTwo WFW deals win Airline Economics “Deal of the Year” awards
- PressWFW advises NIBC on sale of its originally €1.5bn offshore energy portfolio
- PressWFW advises Nordea on US$1.5bn Prosafe restructuring
- PressWFW advises Buss on US$275m container box portfolio ABS involving equity sale
- AwardWFW deal wins IFLR Middle East Award for ‘M&A Deal of the Year 2021’