Gabriela is a senior associate in the Maritime team based in London.
Gabriela is qualified in Brazil, and holds a Masters degree in Energy & Natural Resources Law from Queen Mary University of London.
Gabriela has over seven years’ experience in the offshore sector, advising on a variety of cross-border transactions involving vessel construction and financing, including floating units (FPSO/FLNG/FSU/FSRU) and support and drilling vessels. She also has extensive experience in oil & gas related M&A transactions, joint ventures and commercial matters. She has advised on various regulatory matters in Brazil, including vessel reflagging options, validity of foreign ship mortgages, charter authorization and preference of Brazilian-flagged vessels, and other procedures before Brazilian authorities.
She has previously spent five months on secondment to Shell, where she worked in the Midstream and Downstream legal team.
Gabriela is fluent in English and Portuguese.
- Advised Shell Brazil on two sale and purchase of offshore oil and gas assets and various regulatory matters, such as the regulation for decommissioning guarantees, exportation of crude oil, ship-to-ship transfers and operation of foreign vessels in Brazilian jurisdictional waters.
- Advice to the lenders on the underlying charter and operation and maintenance arrangements in relation to the financing of the LNG floating, production, storage and offloading unit “FLNG Caribbean”.
- Advice to OceanPact on the construction arrangements for four newbuild oil spill recovery vessels chartered to Petrobras and subsequent financing of two of the vessels.
- Advice to the lenders on the underlying charter and operation and maintenance arrangements, and existing direct agreements in relation to the financing of the floating storage unit “FSU Armada LNG Mediterrana”.
- Advised Frontera Energy in divesting from its Brazilian assets, which involved the sale of its participating interests in eight offshore blocks and analysis of impacts in Brazil of its multijurisdictional restructuring.
- 2017 – 2018 Masters in Energy and Natural Resources Law (Distinction), Queen Mary University of London
- 2014 – 2015 Diploma in Corporate Finance, Graduate Business School of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2007 – 2012 Bachelor of Laws, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Memberships and Associations
- Brazilian Bar Association