Gabriela is a senior associate in the ASSETS & STRUCTURED FINANCE GROUP.
Gabriela has extensive experience in the offshore sector advising clients including LNG owners and operators, offshore contractors, and financial institutions on a variety of cross-border transactions involving the construction, long-term chartering and financing of LNG carriers, floating production, storage and offtake units (FPSO/FLNG), floating storage and regasification units (FSRU), and support and drilling vessels.
She also has experience in oil & gas related M&A transactions, joint ventures and commercial matters.
She has previously spent five months on secondment to Shell, where she worked in the Midstream and Downstream legal team.
Gabriela is a solicitor of England & Wales and a Brazilian qualified lawyer, and is fluent in English and Portuguese.
- Advised Edmond de Rothschild on the refinancing of the offshore windfarm service operations vessel m.v. “Bibby Wavemaster Horizon” by way of a €10m junior note issue. The vessel is leased by Centrus to a subsidiary of the Bibby Group and chartered to Siemens Gamesa. This deal won Editor’s Choice Europe in IJGlobal ‘Deals of the Year 2020’
- Advised Equinor (and its partners) on the Bacalhau field development, offshore Brazil, which included the negotiation of the FPSO and sub-sea EPCIC contracts (including the purchase arrangements), the O&M agreements and various call-off contracts.
- Advised a major shipowner on the negotiation of long term charter terms, shipbuilding contract terms, supplemental construction agreement and step in agreement for three ice-class LNG vessels.
- Advised Constellation Oil Services Holding S.A. on the sale to SBM Offshore of Constellation’s equity share in the lease and operating companies related to five FPSOs operating in Brazil for a total cash consideration of US$149 million.
- Advised the lenders on the underlying lease and operation and maintenance arrangements in relation to the floating storage and regasification unit “BW Magna” used in a LNG-to-Power project in Brazil.
- 2017 – 2018 Masters in Energy and Natural Resources Law (Distinction), Queen Mary University of London
- 2014 – 2015 Diploma in Corporate Finance, Graduate Business School of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2007 – 2012 Bachelor of Laws, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Memberships and Associations
- Brazilian Bar Association