Frank is a Senior advisor in the Maritime team.
Frank’s practice involves a broad range of ship finance work for major international shipping finance lenders and commercial shipping transactions for major international shipowners, including joint ventures, charter structures, new building contracts, and ship (and corporate) acquisitions.
Frank has been closely involved in assisting private equity institutions investing in shipping. Frank has also led on a number of high-profile restructuring, workout and dispute resolution situations. Frank has advised vendors and purchasers on sale and purchase of loan portfolios (performing and non-performing).
Having spent some years working in Greece during the 1980s, Frank is well known in Greek shipping and finance circles and maintains a close working relationship with the Greek market.
Frank joined WFW at its inception in 1982, making Partner only two years later in 1984. He established the firm’s presence in Greece and spent some time in New York as well as in London and served as Chairman from 2004 to 2017, a major period of global expansion for the firm. He is universally recognised as one of the world’s leading maritime lawyers, including being named “Maritime Lawyer of the Year” by leading sector publication Lloyd’s List in 2011.
Frank has been described by Chambers UK as providing “great support in dealing with syndicates of banks” and “…good at advising on complex issues with high interests at stake and is highly respected.”
- Advising Private Equity Funds on acquisition of performing and non-performing loans.
- Complex newbuilding contracts and refund arrangements.
- Acting for fund managers and investors on substantial shipping investment funds.
- Advising shipping companies on substantial and complex debt transactions.
- Advising acquirers and financiers on substantial corporate acquisitions in the maritime sector.