Frank is a Senior Partner in the Maritime team.
Frank’s practice involves a broad range of ship finance work for major international shipping finance lenders and commercial shipping transactions for major international shipowners, including joint ventures, charter structures, new building contracts, and ship (and corporate) acquisitions.
Frank has been closely involved in assisting private equity institutions investing in shipping. Frank has also led on a number of high-profile restructuring, workout and dispute resolution situations. Frank has advised vendors and purchasers on sale and purchase of loan portfolios (performing and non-performing).
Having spent some years working in Greece during the 1980s, Frank is well known in Greek shipping and finance circles and maintains a close working relationship with the Greek market.
Frank has been described by Chambers UK as providing “great support in dealing with syndicates of banks” and “…good at advising on complex issues with high interests at stake and is highly respected.”
- Advising Private Equity Funds on acquisition of performing and non-performing loans.
- Complex newbuilding contracts and refund arrangements.
- Acting for fund managers and investors on substantial shipping investment funds.
- Advising shipping companies on substantial and complex debt transactions.
- Advising acquirers and financiers on substantial corporate acquisitions in the maritime sector.