Fiona is an associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
She also has experience in both wet and dry shipping litigation. She has handled cases in respect of collision, arrest and release of vessels, bill of lading disputes, misdelivery claims, cargo claims, demurrage, registration and deregistration of vessels, and sale and purchase of vessels. She has advised shippers, marine insurers, freight forwarders and regulatory matters involving enforcement actions by Custom & Excise and investigations by the Marine Department.
Fiona also has experience in commercial dispute resolution includes contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, unfair prejudice proceedings, committal proceedings, contempt of court application, debt recovery, winding-up/bankruptcy proceedings, asset tracing, mareva injunctions and enforcement of judgments.
Fiona is fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
- Advising an international offshore energy facilities and services provider as main contractor, in dispute with the turret subcontractor in relation to change of law claim, force majeure claim and variation proposals arising out of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Advising an independent upstream oil and gas company in relation to payment guarantee dispute in respect of the charting of a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) unit by the field operator against the FPSO owner.
- Advising various banks in relation to mortgage enforcement ship arrest.
- PCLL, Hong Kong University
- LLB, University of Sheffield
memberships & associations
- Law Society of Hong Kong