Evangelos is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Group.
Evangelos has 20 years of experience in shipping litigation/dispute resolution (charterparty, bill of lading, shipbuilding contract and MOA disputes), maritime casualties, general commercial litigation/dispute resolution and (non-contentious) contract drafting. He has a diverse practice, working for shipowners, charterers, cargo traders, bunker traders, P&I Clubs and Hull & Machinery insurers.
Evangelos was the 2013 and 2014 winner of the Client Choice 2014 Individual Award for Greece (Shipping & Transport).
He is a recommended individual for Shipping Litigation in Greece by the Legal 500 (2017), quoted as “Incredibly bright and flexible”, and also for Shipping (International Firms) in Greece by Chambers Europe (2018), which says that he “impresses the market with his “knowledge of charter party disputes” and vessel performance cases.”
Clients highlight his “excellent legal knowledge mixed with a practicality and commerciality” (Chambers Europe 2019).
- 1997 – 1998 · Legal Practice Course (Guildford) – Business Law and Practice, Advanced Civil Litigation, Corporate Governance, Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Criminal Litigation.
- 1995 – 1996 · Master of Laws (LL.M), Shipping and Trade Law (University of Southampton) – Admiralty Law, Law of Marine Insurance and International Trade Law
- 1992 – 1995 · Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (University of Southampton) 2:1
- 1990 – 1992 · A-Levels (Campion School, Athens) – 3 ‘As’ – History, Economics and Pure & Applied Mathematics
memberships & associations
- 1992 – 1993 · Mooting Society (University of Southampton)