Evan is a Partner in the Energy Group.
Evan has over 25 years’ experience advising on energy M&A and financing, with special expertise in offshore wind, onshore renewable portfolios and gas & power transmission and distribution projects.
He has been at the forefront of this fast evolving industry throughout his career, helping to develop cutting-edge, innovative structures that have become industry standards.
Evan is acknowledged as one of the leading UK-based lawyers to the renewables sector by leading legal directories Chambers UK, Chambers Global, Legal 500 UK, IFLR 1000 and Who’s Who Legal, the first of which said in 2019 “he’s very commercial and very good at seeing the bigger picture”.
He has also previously been nominated to A Word About Wind’s Legal Power List and, in the energy category, The Lawyer’s Hot 100.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on a US$61m mezzanine loan for the construction of the onshore wind farm Fluvanna I in Scurry County, Texas (“Fluvanna I”).
- PKA on its award winning acquisition of a 50% stake in the Teesside Renewable Energy Plant in the North East of England, with total investment in the plant anticipated to be £900m.
- Ørsted on its sale of a 50% stake in the 258 MW Burbo Bank Extension UK offshore wind farm project to Danish pension provider PKA and KIRKBI A/S, parent company of the LEGO Group.
- 1979 – 1982 · Sydney University, Sydney, Australia Masters Law Degree
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England and Wales