Elsa is an Of Counsel in the Assets & Structured Finance group.
She spent eleven years working at a leading maritime law firm in the City and then gained direct industry experience as in-house counsel at DVB Bank SE, where she was promoted to the role of Senior Vice President. After nearly six years at the bank, Elsa joined WFW in 2020. She advises banks and other financial institutions, private equity, funds and shipowners on all aspects of loan, leasing and security documentation.
She is fluent in Greek.
- Acted for the senior lender in the securitisation of underlying loans made by a U.S. fund to various ship-owning companies.
- Managed USD1.1 billion project financing in respect of 6 LNG vessels involving fifteen financial institutions and consisting of 2 separate ECA-backed tranches and a commercial bank tranche with pooled security.
- Drafted and negotiated loan and security documentation in connection with a USD150 million facility from a Danish bank to a U.S. fund for the purchase of thirteen vessels.
- As part of a sub-team of 2 within the DVB Bank legal group, provided legal support (including deal structuring, advising, reviewing and negotiating) on shipping transactions worth over US$6bn.
- Instrumental in the development of the DVB Standing Instructions as a basis for DVB loan agreements and term sheets and rolling out implementation across the bank and panel law firms.
2001-2002 Legal Practice Course (LPC) (Distinction) College of Law, London
2000-2001 Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PgDL) (Distinction) College of Law, London
1997-1998 LLM in Commercial Law University of Birmingham
1992-1997 Ptychion (Bachelor Degree) in Law Aristotelio University, Thessaloniki, Greece
memberships & associations
Member of SRA