Edward is an associate in the Assets and Structured Finance group of the Hong Kong office.
Edward has experience in a wide range of loan finance transactions including bilateral and syndicated loans, real estate financing, assets financing and export credit financing.
Prior to joining the firm, Edward was trained in another international law firm where he obtained experiences in disputes resolution, corporate finance and real estates. He is admitted in Hong Kong and Victoria (Australia).
Edward is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Acting for a PRC ship leasing company in a sale and leaseback transaction in relation to 4 container vessels for about US$18 million.
- Acting for a PRC ship leasing company in a sale and leaseback transaction in relation to 2 LNG vessels for about US$280 million.
- Advising a Japanese public financial institution on a US$1 million syndicated on-lending scheme with an Indian state-owned commercial bank for providing financial assistance to Japanese automotive SMEs operating in India.
- Advising a UK bank on a US$100 million syndicated loan with a greenshoe option for a subsidiary of a Hong Kong-listed company.
- Advising a Filipino bank on a US$15 million syndicated loan to an Indonesian dairy company supporting its business operations which were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
2017 Postgraduate of Certificate in Laws (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
2016 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (Australian National University)
2015 Bachelor of Laws/ Commerce (Finance) (Australian National University)
memberships & associations
Australian lawyer (non-practising) (The Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia)
Hong Kong solicitor (The Law Society of Hong Kong)