Senior Associate Athens
Dimitrios Beis is a Senior Associate in the Assets & Structured Finance Group.
Dimitrios specialises in asset (shipping) finance, including finance of all types of commercial ships.
He advises a wide range of international banks and financial institutions on all aspects of syndicated and bilateral lending, restructurings, sale & lease back and work-outs involving ship owning groups.
He has extensive experience in connection with the financing of both second-hand vessels and newbuildings with particular emphasis on Chinese and Korean newbuildings, shipbuilding and ship sale contracts and refund guarantees.
He also advises shipowners operating out of Greece on shipping projects and financing arrangements.
He is dually qualified in Greece and in England & Wales while he contributes, as co-editor, to articles in shipping market press and on legal matters pertaining to ship finance.
Dimitrios joined the firm after spending 10 years at Stephenson Harwood and another 8 years at Norton Rose Fulbright.
- 2001 – 2002 · Dikatsa, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- 2000 – 2001 · LL.M., (International Trade Law), University of Essex
- 1997 – 2000 · LL.B., Anglia Ruskin University
memberships and associations
- 2005 · Solicitor – England & Wales
- 2005 · Attorney at Law – Athens Bar Association