Dhruv is a Managing Associate in the firm’s aviation finance and corporate groups, based in Dubai.
Dhruv is dual qualified, in India and England and Wales, and advises on a wide range of cross-border transactions across the aviation and corporate space. In the aviation sector, he regularly represents financiers, airlines, owners and operators on the finance, lease, sale & purchase, and operation & management of business jets and commercial aircraft.
He also acts for parties on acquisition, divestment and incorporated & unincorporated joint venture transactions, and corporate matters, across different jurisdictions.
Having worked for a number of years in Dubai and New Delhi, Dhruv is also experienced in advising corporates looking to enter into the Indian or Middle Eastern market, as well as Indian or Middle Eastern companies looking at outward investments or investments into the Indo-GCC corridor.
He has been recognised as a rising star in Aviation in Euromoney’s Expert Guides – Rising Stars 2017 and 2018.
- Advising Indigo, Air Arabia, flydubai and Oman Air on aircraft finance transactions relating to aircraft operated by them.
- Advising True North Partners on all GCC aspects of a transaction in which they committed to invest US$200,000,000of funds into healthcare sector player, KIMS Group.
- Advising an Abu Dhabi based oil and gas company in connection with acquiring a significant majority stake in a Singapore incorporated oil and gas consultancy.
- Advising a Swiss Financier in relation to over twenty aircraft financings.
- 2006 – 2008 · Indian Law Society’s Law College, University of Pune, India, Bachelor of Law – LLB (1st class)
- 2007 · Indian Law Society’s Law College, University of Pune, India, Diploma in Corporate Law
- 2003 – 2006 · Indian Law Society’s Law College, University of Pune, India, Bachelor of Socio-legal Science – BSL (1st class)
memberships & associations
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- Delhi Bar Council
- Delhi High Court Bar Association