David is an associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group in Bangkok.
He specialises as a commercial disputes lawyer and works with clients from the banking and finance, energy, insurance, real estate and transport sectors. His practice is focused on international commercial arbitration.
He has substantial experience of working as a lawyer on cross-border disputes in East-Asia and South-East Asia and has been based in Bangkok working as a lawyer since 2018. He dual-qualified as a barrister and solicitor in Hong Kong. He served pupillage at the leading barrister’s chambers in Hong Kong and worked at two major international law firms in Hong Kong, including a London based law firm with one of the largest international arbitration practices in the world.
He is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the Young Thailand Arbitration Centre.
- Advising a United Arab Emirates based company specialising in manufacturing equipment for oil and gas drilling projects on an ICC arbitration in London relating to a circa US$100m English law contractual dispute with a Thai company.
- Advising a construction company based in Saudi Arabia on a dispute with a Korean contractor for a multi-million dollar construction project in Saudi Arabia under SIAC jurisdiction.
- Advising a Thai logistics company on an international dispute involving fraudulent shipping agents, where a shipping company refused to release goods worth over US$1.2m, shipped from Hong Kong to a destination port in Europe, to the actual notify party.
- Advising a Thai cargo owner on a cargo dispute under a shipping contract with an international shipping company in relation to cargo with a value of US$300,000 which was detained in Bangladesh due to unpaid port dues and taxes.
- Advising a Thai listed company on an M&A dispute over a contract under SIAC jurisdiction.
2014 Called to the Bar of Hong Kong
2011 Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong
2009 Chinese University of Hong Kong – Postgraduate Certificate of Laws (PCLL)
2005 Cardiff University – Master of Laws (LLM)
2003 University of Liverpool – Bachelor of Laws (LLB(Hons)
memberships & associations
Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb) 2019