David is a senior associate and master mariner in the Dispute Resolution Group, splitting his time between london and athens.
David has over a decade of experience in dispute resolution and qualified as a solicitor in 2014.
He has been able to gain experience in all areas of maritime dispute resolution including marine insurance in all forms, travel and personal injury claims and large maritime casualties involving multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Using his legal knowledge and his operational experience allows him to really understand his clients’ problems and often find innovative solutions to minimise their impact.
- Advising MII Insurers in a lengthy commercial court trial following a total loss and wilful misconduct allegations by the war risk underwriters.
- Advising owners and their P&I Club on a container stow collapse requiring the deviation and subsequent rerouting of the slot-chartered ship.
- Providing crisis management for the owners of a passenger ship following an incident in the Mediterranean Sea which resulted in the death of two passengers.
- Pursuing a recovery through a charter chain for owners and their subrogated insurers following the damage to a ship’s crane on discharge.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement between owners following a collision between two ships in an anchorage, one departing and one arriving.
- 2011 – 2013 Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School
- 2009 – 2011 Graduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School