Dan is a partner in the Assets & Structured Finance Group in the New York office of Watson Farley & Williams.
Dan’s practice involves a broad scope of finance work ranging from asset-based lending and project structured financings (including bilateral, club, syndicated and ECA-backed facilities, letter of credit and guarantee facilities and restructuring work) to lease financings and US capital markets transactions.
His diverse client base includes financial institutions, private equity and other investment funds, owners and operators of shipping and offshore assets operating internationally and in the coastwise trade of the United States (Jones Act), participants in lease transactions, and issuers of debt and equity.
Dan has a special focus on transactions in the shipping and offshore industries, in which capacity he also advises and issues opinions on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate and maritime law and Vanuatu maritime law.
Dan is recognized as one of the leading shipping finance lawyers in the USA by legal directories Chambers USA, Chambers Global and Legal 500 US.
Dan is currently ranked in Band 1 for Transportation: Shipping/Maritime: Finance in Chambers USA and in 2021 Chambers notes “Daniel Rodgers is praised for his broad finance practice” and that “He is a consummate professional and one of the finest maritime lawyers around. He handles all transactions, from the simple to the complex, with the highest level of expertise and attention to detail.” With one client noting “He is deeply respected and a go-to attorney.”
- Advising Citibank as Collateral Agent in connection with the $350,000,000 6.125% Senior Secured Notes due 2025 and the €315,000,000 3.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2025 issued by Stena International S.A. and guaranteed by Stena AB (Publ).
- Advising Marathon Asset Management and other private equity funds in connection with the refinancing of 2 tankers and 4 articulated tug barges controlled by a U.S. Jones Act Operator.
- Advising Van Enkevort Tug & Barge on the financings of integrated tug and barge units for operation under the Jones Act trade on the Great Lakes.
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by Standard Chartered Bank on a US$1bn financing of a semi-submersible deepwater production unit owned by Petrobras.
- 1989 · Tulane University, J.D.
- 1983 · Dartmouth College, A.B.
memberships and associations
- Dan is admitted to practice in New York, the District of Columbia and Louisiana.