Corin is an Of Counsel in the Dispute Resolution group.
Corin specialises in advising clients in the shipping, trade and commodities, energy and offshore oil and gas, defence and infrastructure sectors. He handles both dry and wet litigation work, including disputes arising out of charterparties, contracts of affreightment, bills of lading, bunker supply and contamination, sale and purchase agreements, construction and conversion contracts, international sale of goods and casualties. Corin is experienced in all methods of dispute resolution, including court proceedings, arbitration and mediation.
He has extensive experience of arbitration in Singapore (SIAC, SCMA, UNCITRAL and ad hoc), London (LMAA, LCIA, ICC and ad hoc), Kuala Lumpur (KLRCA) and Hong Kong (HKIAC) as well as of court proceedings in London, Singapore and the DIFC.
Corin has practiced in London, Greece, the UAE and Singapore, where he has been based since 2003.
- Advising on defect, variation and delay claims arising out of construction of Asia’s largest Semi-FPS.
- Providing advice to a tanker fleet operator’s withdrawal from a long term COA for fuel and crude oil.
- Advising on rejection of charterer’s voyage orders for loading LPG in Iran.
- Advising on catastrophic drill string failure during operation of MODU.
- Assisting client with project relatin to the supply coastal missile defence and telecommunications systems to UAE Armed Forces.
- 2000-2001 Nottingham Law School (LPC Diploma)
- 1998-2000 University of Cambridge BA (Hons) Law
- 1989-1992 University of Bristol BA (Hons) History
memberships and associations
- Law Society of England & Wales