Chris is a partner in the CORPORATE AND M&A GROUP.
Based in Thailand since 2001, Chris specialises in cross-border M&A and joint ventures as well as advising on regulatory compliance issues in Thailand. His clients range from household name industry leaders to emerging companies in the FMCG and artisanal food, property, energy, construction and services sectors based across Europe and Asia.
Chris has specialist expertise in the renewable energy sector and advises on all stages of the project life cycle, including regulatory and site due diligence, EPC, PPA and operations and maintenance contracting, financial agreements and legal issues arising after the commissioning of the project.
He has advised some of the largest renewable energy developers active in Asia and has worked on all types of projects, from wind energy and solar (photovoltaic and thermal) to waste to energy and hydroelectric.
Chris has been recognised for both his corporate and energy sector expertise by leading legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000 for many years. In 2019, Chambers reported that clients appreciate that he “looks for solutions” and described him as “a friendly and approachable partner who makes all matters simple and does the job as requested”.
- Advising a developer on a 22MW waste to energy project in Thailand, including site and regulatory due diligence, waste supply agreements, preparing finance security documentation and closing transfer to the Project SPV.
- Advising Gunkul Engineering on the development of multiple 50MW Wind Farms in Thailand, including preparing EPC documentation and project finance facility documents.
- Advising Zublin on the DTSS Phase 2 tunnelling project in Singapore for PUB, Singapore’s national water authority.
- Advising Teekay Shipping Limited on regulatory issues to enable it to provide offshore support vessels to oil and gas field operators in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Advising US real estate investment trust W.P. Carey on the THB1.2bn sale of its Thai factory and warehousing operations to ST Property & Logistics Company Limited.
- 1996 · University of Adelaide, South Australia – LL.B
- 1989 · Roseworthy Agricultural College, South Australia – B.App.SC (Oen)
memberships & associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- The International Bar Association