Charlotte is a senior associate in the firm’s Asset Finance Group in London.
Charlotte specialises in asset finance, leasing and shipping transactions focusing on the maritime sector and has advised on loan facilities, leasing arrangements, restructurings and portfolio transfers. She has extensive experience in acting for both lenders/financiers and borrowers/owners in secured lending transactions relating to various types of vessels.
Charlotte joined Watson Farley & Williams as a trainee in 2003 and qualified in 2005 and has spent time working in our Singapore, Piraeus and Paris offices.
- Advised ING Bank N.V. as sole bookrunner and facility agent for a syndicate of banks of a US$340m loan facility made available to Euronav NV.
- Advised Nordea Bank Norge ASA as bookrunner, facility agent and security agent for a syndicate of six lenders on a US$300m credit facility to United Arab Chemical Carriers.
- Advised a leading Norwegian bank on the restructuring of a $805m revolving credit facility for a logistical and transportation company active in the dry bulk and gas sectors.
- Advised the European arm of a leading US private equity firm specialising in distressed assets the English law aspects of its purchase of a substantial non-performing loan portfolio being sold by a German bank.
- Advised a Japanese bank and its leasing subsidiary on a US$88.5m sale and leaseback financing of two Maltese flagged pure car and truck carriers bareboat chartered by a market leading Norwegian RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics company.
- 2002 – 2003 BPP Law School, London – Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- 2000 – 2001 BPP Law School, London – Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGDL)
- 1995 – 1998 University College London (UCL) – BA Honours degree in Philosophy (2:1)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England and Wales – 2005
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association UK (“WISTA”)