CHARLOTTE IS HEAD OF THE DUBAI OFFICE AND A PARTNER IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION GROUP.
Charlotte is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer with full rights of audience before both the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) courts and the higher courts of England and Wales.
Charlotte’s practice extends to litigation, international arbitration, expert determination and mediation, as well as advisory work on litigation risk and avoidance.
She regularly acts for employers, contractors and funders in construction and engineering disputes across the Middle East, as well as major corporates, developers, investors, financial institutions and high net worth individuals in all types of contentious matters both regionally and in the UK.
Charlotte is recognised as a leading dispute resolution and international arbitration lawyer in the UAE by legal directories Legal 500 EMEA and Chambers Global. The former has previously described her as a “superb litigator”, an “outstanding operator”, “strategically-minded” and says that she provides “an unrivalled combination of dedication and shrewdness”. Chambers Global has described her as “impressive, very professional, very approachable and very proactive”, and as a “very, very pleasant lawyer who knows her stuff”.
- A leading chemical manufacturing company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with a multi-million US$ dispute with a Korean Contractor in relation to complex EPC Contracts concerning an ethylene plant. Acting in relation to the LCIA arbitration seated in London and injunction and attachment order proceedings in South Korea concerning demands under Performance Bonds issued by a Korean bank.
- In a high value dispute in relation to the purchase of shares in companies owning a substantial hotel and residential development project in Greece. The dispute involved complex jurisdictional challenges in LCIA arbitration proceedings seated in London as well as extensive court proceedings in the Greek Courts.
- A leading Middle Eastern petrochemical company in a high value ICC arbitration seated in London against a joint venture partner with associated English High Court proceedings against one of the big four accountancy firms.
- A UAE Government entity in connection with a high value complex joint venture dispute with LCIA arbitration proceedings seated in London and connected court proceedings in Cyprus and Russia.
- A leading international bank in connection with the enforcement of an LCIA Arbitration Award in excess of US$70m against two borrowers and two guarantors under a facility agreement for US$101m.
- 1996 – 1997 · College of Law, London – Legal Practice Course
- 1993 – 1996 · City University – Business Law LLB (Hons), 2:1
memberships & associations
- Solicitor, qualified in England and Wales
- Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Registered in DIFC courts Register of Legal Practitioners with full rights of audience
- Appointed to the Committee of the Society of Construction Law (Gulf)
- LCIA Arab Users’ Council