Ben Weisman is an Associate in the Asset and Structured Finance group.
Ben focuses his practice in the maritime and aviation sectors and advises banks, financial institutions and investment funds on matters involving cross-border and domestic asset-backed financings.
He also advises owners and operators in the international shipping markets in connection with the leasing, sale and purchase of vessels and aircraft.
Further to these roles, Ben routinely advises on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate and maritime law.
- Advising a European lender on matters of New York and Marshall Islands law relating to a refinancing of various term and revolving facilities.
- Advising a South American borrower on matters of Marshall Islands law relating to refinancing debt secured by a fleet of vessels.
- Advising a European lender on a sale-leaseback transaction involving several Airbus A350-900 aircraft.
- Advising a US vessel owner on various Jones Act considerations.
- Advising a European investment fund on matters of Liberian law relating to a term loan facility.
- 2020 · St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- 2014 · University of Colorado, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships and Associations
- New York State Bar Association