Amber Fan is a Legal Manager in the firm’s Asset Finance team, based in Hong Kong.
Her practice focuses on asset financing and general banking & financing and she advises a number of international and Chinese banks, leasing companies and financial institutions and companies on ship financing and other shipping-related matters. She used to work at the asset finance team in Watson Farley & Williams Singapore office and another international law firm Clyde & Co. She is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising a major Chinese leasing company on its acquisition of two companies from another large Chinese leasing house and subsequent financing of two new build container ships.
- Acting for a large Chinese leasing company on the lease financing and the senior bank financing of one asphalt and bitumen carrier built in China.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders led and arranged by a major Korean bank in relation to certain pre-delivery and post-delivery facilities made available to a Korea-based shipowner for financing of four product tankers.
- Advising a major Chinese bank on certain facilities made to a Singapore shipping company relating to the construction of six tugs built in China.
- Advising a Singapore-based shipowner in relation to the sale and purchase of one product tanker, including the title registration with Marshall Islands Ship Registry.
- 2013 – Obtained Qualification Certificate for Legal Practitioner of the People’s Republic of China
- 2010-11 – National University of Singapore (LLM)
- 2006-10 – East China University of Political Science and Law (LLB)