ALEXI IS AN ASSOCIATE IN THE ASSET FINANCE GROUP
He is dual qualified in England & Wales and Alberta, Canada and specialises in shipping.
His main areas of practice are shipping finance and other non-contentious aspects of shipping such as sale and purchase transactions and shipbuilding agreements. Other experience relates to non-contentious work in the yachting industry.
Alexi joined the firm in September 2019, after having spent four years with a London-based international law firm and one year with a Canada-based international law firm.
- Advising Danaos Corporation on the refinancing of US$1.25bn of its outstanding senior secured debt (which totalled US$1.3bn as of 31 December 2020). The deal won the Bank Debt Deal of the Year 2022 by Marine Money.
- Advising Danaos Corporation on the refinancing of US$1.25bn of its outstanding senior secured debt (which totalled US$1.3bn as of 31 December 2020).
- 2004 – 2009 Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) | Haskayne School of Business | University of Calgary
2009 – 2012 Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (LL.B) | Queen Mary, University of London | First Class Honours
2012 – 2013 Legal Practice Course | The University of Law, London | Distinction
memberships and associations
- Qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales – 2015
- Qualified as a barrister and solicitor in Alberta, Canada – Inactive