Alexandra is a Partner in the Asset Finance Group.
Alexandra is an English qualified solicitor and has extensive experience in asset finance with a particular focus on the maritime sector. Her clients include international shipping banks and financial institutions as well as owners and operators in the maritime sector. She regularly advises banks on all aspects of bilateral and syndicated secured lending including restructuring and other solutions. Alexandra also advises other market players in the maritime sector on corporate matters including joint venture agreements, ship sale and acquisition documents, chartering arrangements, sale and leaseback structures as well as general English law corporate and commercial advice.
Alexandra has spent six years heading the English law team in our Hamburg office returning to Athens in 2019 and maintains strong links to the maritime community in Germany and her German clients.
Alexandra is fluent in English and Greek with basic French and German skills.
- Advising a German lender on the sale of a number of loan facilities in the maritime sector with a value of over US$200m.
- Advising a German bank on the sale of a participation in a syndicated loan involving a wind farm project with a value of over EUR 900m.
- Advising a highly regarded ship owning group on a JV project and documentation in the container sector.
- 2000 · Honors LL.B. University of Kent Law School, Canterbury, United Kngdom
- 1996 · Honors BA – University of Toronto, Canada
Memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Athens Bar Association
- Hamburg Bar Association
- Canadian Maritime Association
- NY State Bar International Chapter