Alexandra is a Partner in the Finance team.
Alexandra is an English qualified solicitor and has extensive experience in asset finance with a particular focus on the maritime sector. Her clients include international shipping banks and financial institutions. She regularly advises banks on all aspects of bilateral and syndicated secured lending including restructuring and other solutions as well as other market players in the maritime sector corporate matters including joint venture agreements, ship acquisition documents, sale and leaseback structures as well as general English law corporate advice.
Alexandra recently returned to Athens after spending six years heading the English law team in our Hamburg office and maintains strong links to the maritime community in Germany and her German clients.
Alexandra is fluent in English and Greek with basic French and German skills.
- Advising a syndicate of international lenders led by a French bank on the financing of the acquisition and lease back of 11 tankers on long term charters with a value of approximately US$190m.
- Advising a German lender on the sale of a number of loan facilities in the maritime sector with a value of over US$200m.
- Advising a German bank on the sale of a participation in a syndicated loan involving a wind farm project with a value of over EUR 900m.
- Advising a highly regarded ship owning group on a JV project and documentation in the container sector.
- Advising various international lenders, on a separate basis, on the extension and restructuring of existing facilities to include the financing of the installation of scrubber systems on existing vessels.
- 2000 · Honors LL.B. University of Kent Law School, Canterbury, United Kngdom
- 1996 · Honors BA – University of Toronto, Canada
Memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Athens Bar Association
- Hamburg Bar Association
- Canadian Maritime Association
- NY State Bar International Chapter