Alex is a Senior Associate in the Dispute resolution group.
Alex specialises in offshore energy, shipbuilding, construction and offshore installation disputes (both upstream and downstream). He advises on and litigates disputes for field owner/operators, offshore contractors, and shipyards and vessel owners in both arbitration and High Court formats.
Alex has also handled live-casualty incidents involving loss of life, physical damage and third party damage both in-port and offshore, from initial attendances through to arbitration and High Court determination, including experience of Lloyd’s Open Form salvage proceedings.
Alex also spent time in a major European shipyard advising on an FPSO conversion which suffered significant delay and disruption.
Alex has assisted IOCs, National Oil Companies and Independent players in disputes in locations from Europe to the Caribbean, South America and more recently in South-East Asia.
Alex previously worked in the Marine & International Trade team at Stephenson Harwood in London before relocating to Singapore.
- Litigation on various High Court disputes involving the fabrication and installation of wind turbines in the North Sea.
- Working in a major European shipyard with a client project team assisting and advising on an FPSO conversion.
- Handling casualty incidents both in-port and offshore, from initial attendance through to arbitration and High Court, including experience of LOF proceedings.
- Presenting on offshore industry standard formats such as SUPPLYTIME, LOGIC forms and more specialist forms such as HEAVYCON.
- Assisting clients with the negotiation of shipbuilding contracts, offshore drilling contracts and long term OSV charter contracts in both Europe and Asia.
- 2010 · College of Law, PG Dip Law
- 2009 · Cardiff University, LLB
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of England & Wales